Do you want to be the leader of your own life and develop your leadership, so you can live a fulfilling life, in the Netherlands and beyond? Then the Female Leadership training is definitely for you. During 4 months we will train and coach you in topics like self-confidence, time management and decision making. After this training program you will gain:
- Practical tools how to be leader of your own life
- Practical tools how to set goals and be in control over your personal development
- Insight in your fears, weaknesses and strong points
- A growing self – confidence
- A network of women in the Netherlands who are in the same phase of life and situation as you
The training program consists of four training days and four coaching sessions in between. During the training days we will address the following topics:
Training day 1 – Saturday 20 January 2018 – Introduction
This meeting will be all about getting to know each other, clarifying expectations, setting learning goals and giving you the basics to start this training.
Training day 2 – Saturday 17 February 2018 – Time management
The purpose of this day is to show you how time management and planning can support you in going for and achieving your goals. The result is that you go home with a clear planning tool, which will support you during the entire training.
Training day 3 – Saturday 10 March 2018 – Self-confidence
Anything can happen in life, which causes you to have low self-confidence. There are many reasons why and during the training we will find out your personal reasons., most importantly, during this training you will find out how you can increase your self-confidence with a couple of simple tools.
Training day 4 – Saturday 14 April 2018 – Decision making
This day is all about how to take decisions in order to live a fulfilling life. We will show and teach you how.
In between every training day a coaching session will take place in small groups. During these coaching sessions you can share your experiences and ask questions. Dates and times will be announced after every training day.
Dates, times and location
Saturday 20 January 2018 – 10.00-16.00h
Saturday 17 February 2018 – 10.00-16.00h
Saturday 10 March 2018 – 10.00-16.00h
Saturday 14 April 2018 – 10.00-16.00h
All the training days take place at the YWCA Nederland, F.C. Dondersstraat 23 in Utrecht. Travel costs will be reimbursed.
The dates and times for the coaching sessions will be announced after every training day so you have a variety of options to choose from.
- Palwasha Muhammad Hassan (34) is an Afghan woman rights activist has a BA in the field of Political Science. As a woman activist from Afghanistan, her dream has always been to support women and to empower them by offering leadership training and sharing her personal life story. Having lived under the Taliban and experienced severe oppression of women’s rights, it has greatly motivated her to work in an organization that permits to empower them in order to access justice. Professionally, she has extensive experience in the fields of women’s empowerment and reproductive health, and human rights. While working for Silk Road Solutions (SRS), a US State Department funded project, she was a leadership trainer and coach that aimed to empower young female leaders in the workplace. This position transformed her personally and increased her confidence, and she was able to transfer her own experiences to the women I was working with.
- Raneem Salameh (25) has a Syrian-Palestinian background and fled to the Netherlands. She’s a sociologist and an anthropologist and she has worked as a social worker with women and children in refugee camps in Lebanon. She has experienced what it’s like to come to the Netherlands as a refugee and she has given trainings on gender and transitional justice.
- Sanne Meijer (31) trains and coaches women to fulfill their dreams and goals. She has a BA in Gender Studies, an MA in Comparative Women’s Studies in Culture and Politics and she’s currently in training to become a certified coach. She has her own platform, My Power My Story, through which she wants to inspire women to go for their dreams. At this platform she is blogging about her own experiences. Furthermore, she develops her own training programs and give workshops regarding leadership.
Thanks to donations from WijDoenMee and individuals we can offer this training for free. ATTENTION: It’s important that you meet the conditions below. Coffee, tea and lunch is included.
If you want to participate in the training, then you have to meet the following conditions:
- You’re a woman, aged 18-35 years
- You live in Utrecht or in the area
- You have a residency permit or you have relative certainty that you will get a residency permit
- You can talk English (the training will be given in basic English)
- You can attend all the training days. You can miss maximum 1 meeting. If you miss more meetings, unfortunately you will be excluded from the program.
Want to join?
Fill in the registration form at this page and we are happy to welcome you!
ATTENTION: There is a limitation regarding the number of participants! There is a maximum of 20 since we want to ensure the quality of the training sessions. If we reach that limit we have to stop the registration. So be quick!